If your plans include adding a new deck, shed, pool, or addition to your home, contact the Franklin County Economic Development & Planning Department before you get started.

For those that reside in the unincorporated areas of Norwich Township, all zoning and building issues fall under the administration of the Franklin County Economic Development & Planning Department. The Zoning Department is responsible for enforcing and administering the Franklin County Zoning Resolution. This resolution regulates building and land uses for the purpose of promoting public health, safety, and general welfare throughout Franklin County. The Planning Department guides responsible growth by managing long-term changes in land usage. The Building Department works with homeowners and building contractors to comply with the zoning resolution through building permits, plan review, and inspections.

Before your project begins, visit https://development.franklincountyohio.gov and contact the Franklin County Building Department at 614-525-3166 and the Franklin County Zoning Department at 614-525-3094. For residents that reside in the City of Hilliard, contact the Hilliard Public Service Department at 614-334-2557 or https://hilliardohio.gov/permits-applications/ for zoning and permit information.

To identify if your property is unincorporated (Norwich Township Tax District 200) or incorporated in the city limits (City of Hilliard Tax District 050), visit the Franklin County Auditor site (www.property.franklincountyauditor.com) to review the Tax Status of your parcel.