Removal of Dead Animals

Norwich Township receives many calls regarding wildlife, including the removal of dead animals. Our Road Department is responsible for removing dead animals within the right-of-ways on Township roads. 

Important note: Know the roadway and the nearest address of where the animal is located prior to calling for service. Dead animals on private property should be addressed by contacting an animal control company for removal at the homeowner’s expense.

Who to Call for Wild Animals*Norwich Township does not have an animal control department; we refer to the following departments for support:

Franklin County Engineer’s Office
This department is responsible for removing dead animals within the road right-of-ways on county roads.

The Ohio Wildlife Center
This website provides a wealth of information on wildlife. They have, or can direct you to, resources for animal control, as well as what to do with injured, abused, or orphaned animals.

Dead Animal Removal Request