- AEP will inspect each site requested by the Township to determine if it is a suitable location. This requires the ability to tie into an existing electric transformer and is at no cost to Norwich Township.
- The streetlight is not decorative. It is a functional wood pole with a cobra headlight or an open bottom light. It will be placed by AEP with above-ground wires and is at no cost to Norwich Township.
- Per the desired application:
- Norwich Township Intersection Street Light Application: Property owners at each of the four corners of the intersection must agree to the request in order to be considered as an appropriate site. If one or more property owners do not sign the application, the request will not be considered. Click HERE for the application.
- Norwich Township Street Light Application: All five property owners affected by the additional street light must agree to the request in order to be considered as an appropriate site. This includes the requesting property owner, the property owners adjacent to the requesting property, both on the left and the right side, as well as the two property owners across the street from the requesting property. If one or more property owners do not sign the application, the request will not be considered. Click HERE for the application.
- The lease of the light is handled directly with the Township. If AEP is unable to tie into an existing electric line in the location, one of the residents may need to agree to an easement allowing a 120V electric line to be run from their home to the pole. There is no charge to the homeowner on their monthly bill.
Safety Services Building
5181 Northwest Parkway
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
For more information, please contact the Township Administrator, at (614) 876-7694.